Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Bees Make Honey, Butterflies Make Jam - by John Offord: Book Review

Author: John Offord
No. Pages: 23
Publisher: Matador
Publishing Date: 21.04.207
Format: Kindle

I would certainly not call this book humorous, nor educational. I found some short stories funny, but not in a laugh-out-loud kind of way. Some are actually sad and cringy, and you realise this only after you're done making fake laugh noises.

If this is meant to be a children's book the parents read to their children and they snort or giggle as they read it, mission accomplished. These are shorter than a short story. I read an e-book copy, I don't know what the physical version of the book looks like, but it would be fun to have some drawings or interesting art accompanying the "stories". 

As far as I am concerned, this was not for me, but it was an out of ordinary experience.

1*

I received a free e-book copy of the book from the publisher via Net Galley. All thoughts expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment